Friday, March 25, 2005

The Easter break is here!

The library was even more chaotic yesterday, the last day before the Easter break. What with Easter being early this year, and lots of essays due right after the break, students were stressing. This easily transmits to librarians! It's good to have this breathing space (Good Friday through to Easter Tuesday), but there will be no let up in teaching as in years where Easter falls a bit later. The week of April 4th I've got library sessions for cinema studies postgrads, plus tours and lectures for undergrads, and then just for a change of subject, 3 sessions for 20th century Australian literature and one for students studying deaf history. Weeks after that are also busy, but for now, I'm trying not to look in my diary or log onto my work e-mail.

I am now in Slipper Day mode (explained in a post back in December), along with Ben. Mel is having a much needed tidy up of his office (next door to my office, so I have closed my door to drown out the noise of the vacuum cleaner - but hey! who's complaining?). Toby has already been out for a run, and gone off to replenish the milk supply and return books to the library. Yep, the library's closed but he just had that urge to return some books. Hmm, maybe some of my librarian-ness has rubbed off. Although my major concern before leaving the library yesterday was that I had enough books at home to keep me going. I've got the last in the series "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" out, plus a few others that will keep me going for a few days. What would life be without reading?

But that's the subject of another post.

No comments: