So, just after I uploaded my last post about how important food has been to us over the years, I chanced on a whole group of blogs devoted to people talking about food. Some are professional writers, and their blogs are so interesting to read. I'm afraid of the time I'm inevitably going to spend reading them though. Some of the ones I like:
The accidental hedonist:
Chronicles of a curious cook:
A girl's gotta eat:
And then of course there are the numerous cooking shows, but the one that we always watch is the bizarre but hugely entertaining Iron Chef, a Japanese cult show that treats cooking as a competition, complete with sports-like commentary and a time limit of one hour.
Here's a link to one of the many Iron Chef sites.
This one is about the Kitchen Stadium:
And from an Iron Chef fan site:
You’re an Iron Chef fan if…
* You can't cook dinner unless your spouse first shouts, "Allez Cuisine!"
* You can't cook a meal unless you have a challenger.
* When you taste something you like, you giggle and exclaim, "The flavors dance in my mouth!"
* You start every sentence by saying, "If memory serves me correctly..."
* You ask for an ice cream maker for Christmas so you can try out a good trout or scallop ice cream recipe.
* You learn to sew in order to dress like Kaga.