Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Popes do Mecca Bah


Those Pope girls, Phine and Angela, really know how to have a good time. Today they were my Daughters-for-a-Day, celebrating Phine handing in her thesis and Angela getting her first teaching job. We went to Mecca Bah at New Quay. They are adventurous eaters, to say nothing of being prodigious eaters, and we had all sorts of Middle Eastern dips, savory pastries and a lamb meatball dish. Click to enlarge that first photo to really appreciate Phine's expression! (P.S. Phine wants everyone to know that she was imitating the actresses on The Iron Chef show, saying "It's so-o-o-o go-o-o-d!", and that she REALLY doesn't usually look like that)

Sadly, we had no room left for dessert at the cone-shaped ice cream place, but we'll be back another time. Already planning to go there for dinner after the first game of the season at Telstra Dome (Melbourne vs Carlton).

2 comments:

Cowtown Pattie said...

I couldn't find an email address, but wanted say "howdy" to ya!

Thanks for visiting TT!

I'll be back!

Val said...

Hi, CP,

I haven’t put my e-mail address on my blog because I was afraid of spam, but I notice that a lot of bloggers “hide” their addresses by posting it as, for example, vforbes at netspace dot net dot au

I might do that. I’ll never forget the first time I got a “splog”. At first I was so excited to get a comment, and then outraged that blogging was being invaded by spammers.

Anyway, that’s my little rant for the day, and it’s only 9.15 a.m. here in Australia. It’s my rostered day off and I’m off to the zoo, we’ve got a beauty here in Melbourne and I go frequently. I’ll be posting some photos for sure!