Tanya over at the Purple Giraffe has tagged me, and I think I'm supposed to answer these questions. Here goes!
What were three things when you were little you wanted to be when you grew up?
1. A concert pianist
2. A ballerina
3. A member of the Women's Air Force
You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be?
In the 1950s I used to stay over with my grandparents in Glendale, N.Y. Those times were very special for me, but one day in particular, Grandma and I went to New York City to the Radio City Music Hall. We saw the film Green Mansions and saw the Rockettes dance. We spent the whole day in the city, and of course part of the excitement was getting around on the subway. I also remember us keeping an eye out for Grandpa, who drove a taxi. As if we'd be lucky enough to cross his path in the Big Smoke!
You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
1. My multifocal glasses (without these I might as well stay home and take my chances with the hobgoblins)
2. My hiking boots
3. My computer
4. My DVD player and DVDs of 16 Carlton premierships
5. My French casserole
You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What is it going to be?
"Dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off"
What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
Finally get all our photos sorted out and slides scanned.
You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring? too easy!
A bearded iris
You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices? impossible to choose
1. Patrick White: The Tree of Man (a secular bible)
2. Elisabeth Jolley: Mr. Scobie's Riddle (to make you laugh AND cry)
3. Carrie Tiffany: Everyman's Rules for Scientific Living (unlikely title for an amazing story)
4. Pierre Loti: Madame Chrysanthemum (to take you to another time, culture and country)
5. Ruth Jhabvala: Heat and Dust (ditto)
etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Now for revenge: You are tagged, the "other Val"